Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

#Cannes2015: "Carol" Premiere Wish List

It will not shock anyone that I am probably most excited for the 2015 Cannes Film Festival premiere of "Carol" just because the Queen is going to be gracing the festival red carpet, yet again. Since "Carol" is premiering In Competition at the festival I am expecting nothing short of amazing coming from the entire cast. Cate Blanchett rarely makes a misstep on the red carpet, and I don't think that she ever has during the Cannes Film Festival and I am sure that streak won't end any time soon. For the "Carol" photocall I would love to see Cate wear this cornflower blue Armani Prive Spring 2015 Couture draped suit. This suit is elegance personified and I think that aside from couture clientele that Cate is the only woman that would wear this look. This look is easy and breezy while being crazy elegant, perfect for a photocall overlooking the French Riviera. For the premiere later in the day I would love to see Cate rock this Giambattista Valli Spring 2015 Couture yellow and pink silk jacquard ensemble that consists of a matching ball skirt and embellished blazer and a cream top. This look evokes the style of a 1960's socialite and I think that it would be a perfect red carpet moment.
When it comes to Rooney Mara I either love or hate what she wears. Mostly I find myself hating what she wears but I am hoping that since she will be standing next Cate Blanchett that Rooney will really bring it for the "Carol" photocall and premiere at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival. Rooney tends to favor black and despite the location, which evokes light and airy colors, I am sure that she will rock mostly black ensembles. For the photocall I would love to see Rooney wear this Givenchy Pre-Fall 2015 draped blouse and aline tea length skirt. Despite the fact that this look is all black I think that this look still would fit on on the French Riviera. A pair of black Givenchy sandals would finish this look off perfectly. For the premiere I would love to see Rooney embrace a little color via the flowers embroidered on this Valentino Fall 2015 RTW sheer black lace gown. I think that this is a perfect look to mesh Rooney's dark style and the breeziness needed for the French Riviera.
Sarah Paulson either gets it right or wrong on the red carpet and I am hoping that if she is in Cannes to help Cate and Rooney promote "Carol" that she will be on top of her game. For the photocall I would love to see Sarah wear this Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2015 black and pink tiered dress. I think that this is a perfect photocall look for Cannes. Chic and elegant yet very soft. A pair of black sandals would finish the look and keep the air light for the outdoor photocall. For the premiere I would have Sarah turn to Zac Posen and his Fall 2015 RTW collection to get her hands on this navy blue anatomical slash gown rendered in crepe jersey and features a v neck with a keyhole and cutouts at the collarbone, cap sleeves, an open back, ruching at the bodice and a fluid floor length silhouette. This gown would make for an elegant Cannes red carpet appearance. Finished with a pair of black simple sandals, a black Edie Parker confetti clutch, and simple earrings would ensure that Sarah puts her best foot forward for this premiere.

Are you as excited to see Cate Blanchett at Cannes as I am? What do you think she will wear? The festival stars in 13 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment