Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

The Top 10 Looks from the Academy Awards

I have to say that when I first read the description of the Chanel Couture gown that Julianne Moore wore to the Academy Awards last night I was very afraid. I was waiting with bated breath for the stunning redhead to show up on the red carpet. When the actress, who won Best Actress last night, showed up I let out a HUGE sigh of relief. This white Chanel Couture gown is covered with 80,000 hand cut flower paillettes and took 27 people over 900 hours to make. Julianne really let the gown speak for itself slicking her hair back adding simple Chopard cluster earrings and a berry lip to finish off a breathtaking award winning look for the Oscar winning actress.
Many will be shocked that I put a black gown so far up my best dressed list. The reason for this is because no one could have worn this custom Maison Marigela Couture gown and made me love this more than the queen of the red carpet Cate Blanchett. While I was predicting that she would show up in Armani Prive this step to the left was just what I love about Cate. The beauty of this look was in the details. The frayed fringes and the stunning turquoise Tiffany & Co. floral bib necklace, which despite whatever Kelly Osbourne says is TOTALLY Oscars worthy, just made this look most stunning. A hall of fame look for Cate for sure. Many will also disagree with me putting Gwyneth Paltrow on this list. I thought that Gwynie rocked her custom Ralph & Russo one sleeved rosette sleek gown. Many did not like the rose and thought it ruined the look, but I honestly would ask them would they have preferred this gown if it was just plain baby pink dress? I don't think so. A pair of statement earrings and slicked back hair finished this look perfectly. I will say the biggest wow and shock of the night was how much I actually LOVED what Rosamund Pike wore on the red carpet. After a series of refinding her red carpet footing and slowly getting better and better Rosamund gave me a perfect look. This custom red Givenchy Couture lace gown that Rosamund paired with simple red sandals, a pair of dainty simple Lorraine Schwartz diamond earrings, fresh makeup and a swept back bun. There is simply not a single thing about Rosamunds look that I would have changed.
A red head in sapphire. Jessica Chastain knew the way to my heart. I absolutely adore Jessica in her custom Givenchy sapphire gown with just a hint of sparkle and leg. This is what I am talking about. I absolutely love this woman. She has her self one of the best stylists in the world (the same woman who dresses Cate Blanchett) and she knows how to work a red carpet. Another big shock of the night was seeing Victoria's Secret model Behati Prinsloo really go for it wearing her stunning Armani Prive Fall 2014 Couture strapless black and red peplum gown. I don't think I have ever see Behati look so chic, her and hubby Adam Levine of Maroon 5 were definitely my Best Dressed Couple. Taking a risk and adding that black diamond ball necklace and kept the rest of the styling sexy and vampy. She oozed sexy glamour and provided the perfect arm candy. Jennifer Lopez brought feminine sexy glamour to the Oscars red carpet in one of the nights biggest dresses from the Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture collection. I loved that as she decided to go big or go home that Jennifer decided to wear a champagne colored ball gown. I am really excited that this gown finally got worn for a red carpet event and really what better platform for this gown than the Academy Awards?
I had my doubts about what Marion Cotillard was going to wear. I was betting on custom or that she would break the norm and wear one of the tea length gowns from the Christian Dior Spring 2015 Couture collection. She instead went to last springs runway selecting this sequined perforated detail white Christian Dior Spring 2014 Couture gown that features a beautiful bustle detail in the back. Many were not sure what to make of this as they saw an unflattering view of this from the back as their first impression. I immediately loved this. Who else could have taken this avant garde gown and rocked it with such elegance grace and sophistication? Emma Stone finally broke the colorless spell that she has been stuck in wearing a custom chartreuse green Elie Saab Couture fully beaded gown with a split to there and long sleeves. She really gave me modern old Hollywood with the stunning gown, matching shoes, and vintage glam beauty look. Last but not least is Reese Witherspoon in custom Tom Ford. Everyone had their money on Julianne Moore wearing a custom Tom Ford gown, but the honor went to Reese who more than did the designer justice. This is another look at taking the idea of old Hollywood and making it a modern statement. Everything about this look feels classic but still very very fresh.

Last night was a very well dressed red carpet, of course there were a few disasters and some that really let me down but all in all it was an awesome night on the red carpet. All of the looks from the red carpet are on the blogs Facebook page and I am working on uploading pictures from all of the parties (as pictures are STILL coming in), so make sure that you head over there and check them all out! Who was your best dressed? Worst dressed?

No comments:

Post a Comment