Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Runway Report: Gucci Fall 2015 Menswear

 Gucci announced this morning that senior accessories director Alessandro Michele will be taking over the roll of full creative director for the house, starting with the women's wear collection next month. I am fearful Michele at the helm of Gucci. Having always been a favorite, for both men's and women's wear, the Gucci Fall 2015 Menswear failed to excite me in any way. Michele did have a hand, and was one of 12 team members to take the bow at the end of this show, and I feel that this is one of the worst Gucci collections that I have ever seen (it really stings to type that.) Overtly feminine silhouettes, including silk and lace 'blouses' are not anything that will translate into sales for menswear in most markets.
  I can not see an American millionare buying a red silk poet blouse with a  pussy bow. There were a small amount of coats, six out of the 36 looks, that I think are actually market worthy. I hope that there is an amazing commercial collection in the works because this just does not live up to the Gucci standard set by Tom Ford and Frida Giannini. I just can not get behind much of this collection. In a season that has been wowing me this collection was a HUGE disappointment. 




Honestly, what is going on with the accessories for this collection. Two strap sandals, clogs, and leather slippers with fur insoles did nothing to help jut this collection into any better status. The suede bag reminded me much of Bulgari bags that already exist, that could defiantly spark a lawsuit for the house for copying signatures. I will keep an open mind going into the women's fall show next month, but I am fearful that one of my favorite fashion houses might start to loose it's luster in it's new era.

No comments:

Post a Comment