Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

2015 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Female Actor in a Lead Role in a Movie Nominee Wish List

First off I would like to congratulate all of this years Academy Awards nominees, whom were announced this morning. I will be doing all those red carpet wish lists next month. Now to my wishes for the Screen Actors Guild Awards next Sunday night. Felicity Jones is nominated for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role and is part of the nominated ensemble for "The Theory of Everything." I have to say that Felicity has really lived up to being one of my "Ones to Watch in both 2011 and 2014. This year she has just consistently given me absolutely amazing red carpet ensembles and I am looking forward to her taking this run all the way through the Academy Awards. The SAG Awards are one where Felicity can get away with wearing a shorter length and I think that this black Chanel Pre-Fall 2015 tea length dress with satin straps and a satin bow waistband with a crystal buckle. I think that this vintage inspired ensemble is perfect for the red carpet for Felicity. Finish the look with a 60's inspired bouffant, a red lip, and a pair of Manolo Blahnik 'Hangisi' black satin pumps to ensure that the vintage look is on full display.
*Shocker Alert* Jennifer Aniston wore BLACK to the Golden Globe Awards.......oh, wait. That is actually not a shock. I will say that I was shocked that she styled her hair and put on more makeup than normal. I do not see Jennifer straying away from her favored red carpet color when she takes to the red carpet at the 2015 SAG Awards next Sunday as a nominee for "Cake." I picked this Michael Kors Pre-Fall 2015 lace covered ball gown with a v-neck and belly cut out. If anyone can make a midsection cut out rock at almost 46 it would be Jennifer. The silhouette and the daringness of this gown are what would make this a shocking red carpet moment. Finish the look with a pair of Christian Louboutin 'Valnina' ankle strap sandals, another updo, and simple, (but still there) makeup and Jennifer will do another service to basic black on the red carpet.
I've been saying all awards season which designers that we will see Julianne Moore wear. She has already ticked the Givenchy box at the Golden Globe Awards and an wish for her to wear Chanel for the Critics Choice Awards tonight, I am going with Tom Ford for Julianne to wear for the Screen Actors Guild Awards next Sunday. Voted most likely to take home the bronze actor statue I am sure that Julianne will make this a major red carpet moment, as she normally does. I picked this pale blush pink Tom Ford Resort 2015 draped gown with black floral print an ribbon embellishments because it is different yet still a elegant enough for the SAG red carpet. The color against her skin color would make this an amazing red carpet moment. Hair pulled back and a red lip are the perfect beauty touches to compliment this gown. I would make this a Tom Ford look head to toe by adding a black and gold Tom Ford 'Natasha' anaconda skin minaudiere and Tom Ford black calfskin strappy sandals with a gold padlock. This would ensure that Julianne is on the top of the best dressed lists yet again.
Reese Witherspoon has been favoring the fitted silhouette as of late so I am hoping that at the Screen Actors Guild Awards next Sunday that Reese kills the red carpet in a new silhouette. I dug into the Christian Dior couture archives to pull this amazing tea length Spring 2013 Couture strapless gown in navy and powder blue. I think that his dress is the classic look that Reese always look so beautiful wearing. A chic updo, a bold red lip, Gianvito Rossi white lamb leather plexi pumps, and some dazzling diamonds will finish this look off perfectly for the red carpet at the 2015 Screen Actors Guild Awards.
And to round out the Outstanding Female Actor in a Movie nominees is Rosamund Pike who garners her nomination thanks to the hit film "Gone Girl." It was a breath of fresh air to see Rosamund wear something other than a trapeze dress at the Golden Globe Awards. Her white Vera Wang cutout gown didn't win any awards with fashion critics, but I thought that it was a step in the right direction. For the SAG Awards I would love to see Rosamund wear this Gucci Pre-Fall 2015 floral gown with butterfly cape sleeves and a low plunge. I would pair this look with an Edie Parker 'Jean' nude and white pearlesant striped clutch, a pair of Gucci 'Mallory' gold crystal embellished nude suede sandals, and a pair of Bulgari earrings inlaid in yellow gold to ensure that Rosamund has a winning red carpet moment. A wavy bob and a red lip would finish this look in a vintage way which is a type of look we have yet to see from Rosamund and I think she would look absolutely amazing in this type of ensemble especially on the SAG Awards red carpet.

I will be live tweeting the Critics Choice Movie Awards tonight. If you want to join the conversation I will be joining Kelly from Dream In Lace with a live Twitter commentary on what all the stars are wearing and who is winning the awards. So please join me (@FutureStylist93) and Kelly (@DreamInLace) at 9 PM EST for all kinds of fashion ID's and LOTS of snarky commentary. We are also planning to take the commentary to the SAG Awards as well! Join us Sunday January 25, 2015 starting at 6 PM EST. We hope that you will join in the festivities! Champagne at the ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment