Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015 Golden Globe Awards: Claire, Julia, Julianna, & Maggie Wish List

Today starts all of the Golden Globe red carpet wishes for the stars of the small screen. Claire Danes is nominated, yet again, at Sunday nights Golden Globe Awards for Best Actress in a TV Series, Drama for her work in the Showtime hit series "Homeland." At the Golden Globe Awards every time that Claire has received a nomination she took home a trophy. Will she do it again this year? My sources tell me that it is pretty unlikely. But I am sure that she will still win at the red carpet. I turned to one of Claire's favorite red carpet designers Giorgio Armani and his Spring 2015 RTW collection to pick the gown for her to wear for the Golden Globes. I think that this silvery grey silk tulle halter gown with a mid section cutout, crystal embellishments on the neckline, and an asymmetrical hemline would make for such a beautiful red carpet moment for Claire. A pair of silver sandals, an elegant updo, and a pretty pink lip would finish this look off perfectly for the red carpet at the Globes.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus is nominated at Sunday night's Golden Globe Awards for Best Actress in a TV Series, Comedy or Musical thanks to her HBO series "VEEP." I have to say that despite her never being one of the women that I really look forward to seeing on the red carpet she has slowly been inching her way onto that list wearing stunning creations from designers like Narciso Rodriguez, Monique Lhuillier, and Carolina Herrera. I figure that Julia will wear a custom gown, like she normally does, but if she were to pick a gown off the runway I would pick this baby blue Oscar de la Renta Spring 2015 RTW collection. This is from the late designers final collection and I am sure that the looks are under very strict lock and key only allowing few individuals access to these gowns for the red carpet. I think that this silhouette would look amazing on Julia and is a softer color than we are used to seeing her wear. Finish the look with a gold embellished clutch and a pair of gold sandals to ensure that all eyes are on Julia.
I am praying that Julianna Margulies, who is nominated Sunday night for Best Actress in a TV Series, Drama thanks to her role as Alicia Florrick on the CBS drama "The Good Wife," brings a major red carpet moment like I know that she can. I want to see her turn this Balenciaga Spring 2015 RTW white cap sleeve cocktail dress turn into a stunning column gown. The gown would feature the same shirred chiffon panels down the side, sequin lattice cap sleeves, and floral embroidered bust line as the cocktail dress just being cut off the the floor with no train. Finish the look with a silver metal Lee Savage clutch, a pair of silver metallic sandals, a pair of diamond cluster earrings, a vintage inspired hairstyle, and a bold red lip to ensure that Julianna juts to the top of the best dressed list.
Maggie Gyllenhaal is a movie star nominated for Best Actress in a Mini-Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television for her role in "The Honorurable Woman." I am hoping that despite her television nomination that she brings couture to the red carpet or custom Prada. Since I cant predict a custom design, and I am almost banking on Maggie wearing a custom Prada design, I decided to turn to my red carpet king Elie Saab to pick a gown for Maggie to wear to the Golden Globes on Sunday night. This stunning copper and blue ombre Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture long sleeve gown with all over embellished embroidery would make for an amazing red carpet look for Maggie for this awards show. I would finish this gown bronze clutch, black sandals, and a bold red lip to ensure that this is an amazing red carpet look for Maggie.

If you want to join the conversation I will be joining Kelly from Dream In Lace with a live Twitter commentary on what all the stars are wearing. So please join me (@FutureStylist93) and Kelly (@DreamInLace) at about 5 PM EST for all kinds of fashion ID's and LOTS of snarky commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment