Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

2015 Golden Globe Awards: Amal, Gwyneth, Kate, Kristen, & Salma Wish List

George Clooney is going to be the recipient of this years Cecil B. DeMille award and I am hoping that new wife Amal Alamuddin-Clooney will be on his arm to support him. We all fell in love with Amal during her wedding weekend when she paraded around in designers like Dolce & Gabbana, Stella McCartney, Giambattista Valli Couture, Alexander McQueen, and Oscar de la Renta. I am hoping that we will continue to see her showcase amazing style at the Golden Globe Awards on Sunday night. I am picking this red and black Armani Prive Fall 2014 Couture peplum column gown. I think that this silhouette and color would look absolutely amazing on Amal who has that exotic beauty about her. A chic updo, black Stuart Weitzman 'Nudist' sandals, a black clutch, and a red lip would ensure that Amal is able to stand her own against all the nominated movie stars.
Gwyneth Paltrow will be on hand Sunday night as a presenter. The actress is no doubt going to me making the rounds as her film "Mortdecai" with Johnny Depp gets its theatrical release on January 23. I am praying that we see Gwyneth bring her certain type of exquisiteness to the red carpet. As she is just a presenter I don't imagine that she will wear an over the top red carpet look. I picked this simple black Boss Pre-Fall 2015 gown with a simple silhouette and an elegant draped chiffon cowel back. I think that this is a perfect gown for Gwyn as she will be able to breath an amazing amount of life into this black gown. A pair of dazzling diamond chandelier earrings, a diamond cuff, hair pulled up into a chic bun, a black clutch, and a pair of black Christian Louboutin sandals would finish this look perfectly for the Golden Globes red carpet. 
Kate Hudson had an amazing year last year on the red carpet and I am praying that she will be bringing the same to the red carpets this year. As a presenter I would love to see Kate wear this stunning Chanel Fall 2014 Couture embellished gown. The embellishments on this gown are a mix of crystals, paillettes, and concrete beads. The gown I have heard weighs something like 85 pounds and I think that if anyone could wear this and make it look easy it is Kate. A pair of gunmetal Christian Louboutin peep toe pumps, a gunmetal Edie Parker clutch, and simple earrings are the perfect accessories for this red carpet look. Finish the look with a chic beachy updo and a bright pink lip color will ensure that Kate has an amazing red carpet moment on her hands.
Kristen Wiig tends not to be a favorite of mine when she takes to the red carpet. I am hoping that come Sunday night at the Golden Globe Awards, where she will be a presenter, that she gives me a major red carpet ensemble. I picked this Marchesa Pre-Fall 2015 embroidered ribbon lace short sleeve mermaid gown that is rendered in a nylon net and features a mermaid silhouette with a scoop neckline and allover beaded embroidery on a ribbon lace. I think that this gown would look absolutely amazing on Kristen on the Golden Globe red carpet. Keeping the look simple with a pair of basic black Stuart Weitzman 'Nudist' sandals and simple earrings will finish this look off in a perfect way for Kristen to work on the Globes red carpet.
Salma Hayek will be on hand Sunday night as well as one of the presenters at the Golden Globe Awards. I figure that the first lady of the Gucci Group will wear a custom gown from one of the brands houses like Gucci, Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen, or Balenciaga. Again as I have said with other stars who I am sure will wear custom I can not exactly predict, though I am predicting Gucci Premiere, what exactly the gown will look like. So instead I picked this Alexander McQueen beaded bodice strapless black gown from Bergdorf Goodman. I know that this is actually highly unlikely but I think that Salma would look stunning wearing this design.


If you want to join the conversation I will be joining Kelly from Dream In Lace with a live Twitter commentary on what all the stars are wearing. So please join me (@FutureStylist93) and Kelly (@DreamInLace) at about 5 PM EST for all kinds of fashion ID's and LOTS of snarky commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment