Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

2015 Critics Choice Awards Wish List Part 3

When Keira Knightley stepped out in her custom Chanel butterfly gown at the Golden Globe Awards on Sunday, which personally made me think of Little House on the Prairie, the fashion industry gave a collective sigh. I had very high hopes for Keira and she really let me down. I am hoping that Thursday night at the Critics Choice Movie Awards, where she is nominated for Best Supporting Actress for "The Imitation Game" and Best Original Song for "Lost Stars" from "Begin Again," that Keira redeems herself in her red carpet dressing. I understand that dressing a burgeoning baby bump is difficult but many before her have worked the bump on a red carpet with great abandon. I am hoping that Keira reverts back to Michael Van Der Ham Spring 2015 RTW for this red carpet. Having worn a few looks from this collection during the promo tour for "The Imitation Game" last year I think that this is a huge possibility. This navy gown with an asymmetric neckline and 3-D embroidery would drape ever so elegantly over Keira's baby bump. Finish the look with a soft up do, a red lip, navy Chanel clutch, and a pair of navy pumps will give Keira the red carpet look that puts her back on the top of best dressed lists.
I was pleasantly surprised to see Rosamund pike give a new silhouette at the Golden Globe Awards on Sunday night. Her custom Vera Wang gown boasted many cut-out sections which showed off her post baby body, like seriously is she human? She just had a baby 5 weeks ago. I am hoping that she continues to show off her banging body at Thursday nights Critics Choice Movie Awards, where she is hoping to take home the Best Actress award for her work in "Gone Girl." This eggplant Azzaro Fall 2015 Couture figure hugging gown with an asymmetric neckline and strategically placed embellished cutouts on the bodice. I was a little weary, and totally ready to change this wish, about picking such a figure hugging gown but after Sunday nights look I know that Rosamund is red carpet ready. Finish the look with a black Edie Parker clutch, black Stuart Weitzman 'Nudist' sandals, simple diamond earrings, and her asymmetrical bob worn straight down Rosamund would really give me a wow moment on the red carpet.
I was not a huge fan of "Neighbors" but the Broadcast Film Critics Association has given Rose Byrne a nomination for Best Actress in a Comedy at Thursday nights Critics Choice Movie Awards thanks to her work in the film. I have to say that I am excited to see what Rose will wear on the red carpet. I have always been a fan of Rose and I love what she brings to the red carpet. The moment I saw this Jenny Packham Pre-Fall 2015 cinnamon scoop neck gown that is completely beaded from top to bottom. I think that this amazing gown would look so elegant on Rose as it is classic silhouette. Finish the look with a gold box clutch, a pair of gold sandals, and a dazzling pair of diamond earrings inlaid in yellow gold, a chic low bun, and a soft pink lip to make sure that Rose holds her own on the Critics Choice Awards red carpet Thursday evening.
Shailene Woodley is nominated for Best Actress in an Action Movie for "Divergent." I have to say I am excited to see what Shai will wear on the red carpet on Thursday night. Last year we saw Shailene work the red carpet in a bevy of fabulous looks looking the best she has ever had, in major part to her new stylist Ilaria Urbinati who works with Nina Dobrev and Bradley Cooper as well. I think that this red Reem Acra Pre-Fall 2015 short sleeve gown rendered in red silk double georgette and features a high round neck, cutwork at the bodice trimmed with tonal embroidery and a floor length fluted skirt with a train would be an amazing look for Shailene for this red carpet. I think the sleek sport silhouettes that hold just a touch of girly glam are the perfect looks for Shailene and her personality. Finish the look with hair pulled up neutral makeup and red Stuart Weitzman 'Nudist' sandals will make sure that the gown is the star of the show which it should be.
Last but not least we have a wish for androgynous beauty Tilda Swinton to wear for the Critics Choice Movie Awards, where she has a nomination for Best Supporting Actress thanks to "Snowpiercer." I love to see Tilda on the red carpet because you never know what she is going to be wearing and usually I love what she is brings to the carpets. The moment I saw this Valentino Fall 2014 Couture ensemble which consists of a white asymmetric tunic top and uber wide leg black pants I have been begging for Tilda to pick it up. I think that this fits the masculine meets feminine style that Tilda loves so much for the red carpet. Finish the look with a pair of the runways sandals or a pair of black pumps and this would be a perfect look for the Critics Choice Movie Awards.

Me and Kelly from Dream In Lace had so much fun Sunday night live tweeting the Golden Globe Awards, that we are going to do it all over again Thursday for the Critics Choice Movie Awards. Please join me (@FutureStylist93) and Kelly (@DreamInLace) at about 9 PM EST for all kinds of fashion ID's and LOTS of snarky commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment