Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

2015 Critics Choice Awards Wish List Part 2

Jessica Chastain KILLED the red carpet at the Golden Globe Awards last night in a bronze Atelier Versace old Hollywood pleated gown and tonight in London is a premiere for her film "A Most Violent Year." I am hoping that all of her traveling will not leave the starlet fatigued come Thursday night and the Critics Choice Movie Awards. Jessica's nomination actually comes from "A Most Violent Year" for Best Supporting Actress. I am hoping that Jessica will keep up her amazing red carpet run by wearing this tonal blue bi-color J. Mendel Pre-Fall 2015 lace gown that features a deep v-neck, panels of tonal blue floral lace throughout and a floor length column skirt with a split at the front. This a structured gown which is not what Jessica tends to favor. She loves the old Hollywood silhouette and I think that this would look just as amazing on her as that does. Blue sandals and simple diamonds will ensure that this look makes Jessica shine.
There is a spectrum of designers that I am expecting to see Julianne Moore wear on her bath to the Academy Awards for the major awards shows. Last night at the Golden Globes she ticked the Givenchy Couture box topping my Best Dressed list. Tom Ford, Chanel, Alexander McQueen, and Dior are all other brands that I am sure we will see on the red headed actress. For Thursday nights Critics Choice Movie Awards I would love to see Julianne sneak into the Chanel archives and grab this blue Chanel Spring 2012 Couture gown. With now 4 awards and festival seasons past since this gown was presented I am shocked that we have not seen it. I think that Julianne would look amazing in it. The bold blue tones would look amazing against her peachy skin and vibrant hair. A pair of black sandals and a blue clutch would finish this look off perfectly for the Critics Choice Awards.
Marion Cotillard in Christian Dior is either love or hate for me anymore. I am hoping that Thursday night when she takes to the red carpet at the Critics Choice Movie Awards, where she is nominated for Best Actress for her foreign language film "Two Days, One Night," that she gives me an offering to DIE for. I think that this ivory Christian Dior Pre-Fall 2015 strapless tea length gown paired with, or without, the runways silver sequined sweater would make an amazing option. The styling would totally depend on her choice to wear the sweater or not. If she does I would not add a clutch and just a pair of silver Dior sandals, if she doesn't I would give Marion a gold Christian Dior clutch and Dior gold pumps. The hair also depends on the way she would wear the dress, if worn as presented her hair should be up in an edgy updo, if worn sans sweater I would wear her hair in a vintage inspired wavy bob. Either way I think that this would be a winning look for the Critics Choice Movie Awards.
 Meryl Streep actually shocked me wearing a Paule Ka caped gown last night and looking fantastic. I am hoping that despite the more casual air of the Critics Choice Movie Awards that Meryl keeps up her roll. Nominated for Best Supporting Actress thanks to her role as the witch in the movie musical "Into The Woods." While I am picking a couture gown for her to wear Thursday night this Valentino Fall 2014 Couture gown with its long sleeves and tribalish print is in form with the standard for the Critics Choice Awards red carpet. Finish the look with a black clutch and a pair of black simple pumps and Meryl will have another winning look on her hands,
Reese Witherspoon brought old Hollywood glam to the Golden Globe Awards red carpet last night ultimately ending up as one of my top 10 looks from the night in sparkling custom Calvin Klein. I am hoping that Reese will keep up this roll on Thursday at the Critics Choice Movie Awards where she is nominated for Best Actress for "Wild." I continue to want Reese to embrace color as she has been favoring black and neutrals over the last year. This Prabal Gurung Spring 2015 RTW halter cocktail dress with black, teal, white, an grey would be a beautiful choice. This is an awards show where Reese could get away with wearing a short dress, and Reese LOVES her short dresses, so I am expecting to see her show off her enviable legs. Finish this look off with a teal Edie Parker clutch, black Stuart Weitzman "Nudist" sandals, simple jewels, hair worn up, and a bright pink lip and Reese will give another amazing red carpet ensemble.

Me and Kelly from Dream In Lace had so much fun last night that we are going to do it all over again Thursday for the Critics Choice Movie Awards. Please join me (@FutureStylist93) and Kelly (@DreamInLace) at about 9 PM EST for all kinds of fashion ID's and LOTS of snarky commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment