Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

2014 Toronto International Film Festival Wish List Part 2

Greta Gerwig is quickly becoming a fashion darling. This year alone she has worn custom Donna Karan Atelier, Lanvin, Theory, Narciso Rodriguez, and Stella McCartney, attended a few dinners hosted by Chanel, and was the date of Zac Posen at the CFDA Awards. This just makes me that much more excited to see what Greta is going to keep bringing to the red carpet. Greta will be making the film festival rounds promoting her film "Eden" starting at the Toronto International Film Festival. For the "Eden" premiere I would love to see Greta wear this green Stella McCartney Fall 2014 RTW strapless bustier and tapered pant ensemble. I love this bustier that features draping of not just fabric but the signature fringe of Stella's Fall 2014 collection. There have not been many successful outings of this collection but I do think that Greta can pull this look of with great aplomb. I would keep the styling simple with a pair of dyed to match forest green pointed toe pumps and a gold minaudiere clutch so that the focus is mostly on the stunning bustier.
While I have to say that I am most interested in what "Men, Women, & Children" leading male, Ansel Elgort, will wear for the TIFF premiere of the film, I am also hoping that Jennifer Garner will take to the red carpet to premiere the film as well. I tend to believe that Jennifer looks her best when she is wearing Oscar de la Renta and I am hoping that she will wear the designer for this premiere. Now I am sure that you will see this a lot on the blog in the coming days, but I figure that Jenn will grab a hot off the runway look from the designer as he is presenting his Spring 2015 Collection this coming week. If she wears something that has already been presented I would love to see her wear this blue and green polka dot on silk tulle Oscar de la Renta FALL (sorry it was a typo in the image editing) 2014 RTW collection. If I know Jennifer's style well enough I know that she would pair this look with a pair of black pumps and some simple jewels to finish off this look for the red carpet.
I know very little when it comes to Holliday Grainger's red carpet style and even less about her acting abilities. I do know that she is a British born actress who has had some rolls in "The Borgias" and "Great Expectations." Next year Holliday will have to hold her own on the red carpet next to Cate Blanchett while they promote "Cinderella" with Lily James and Helena Bonham Carter. I figure we will see Holliday represent a British brand when she premieres her film "The Riot Club" at TIFF this year. This strapless Nicholas Oakwell Spring 2014 Couture tea length gown embellished with white and pink beaded florals would be a sweet elegant choice for Holliday to wear for her first major major red carpet. I would finish this look with a pair of hot pink pumps and a sleek hairstyle to ensure that Holliday wears the gown and the gown does not wear her.
We are about to see a whole hell of a lot of Natalie Dormer on the red carpet. The "Game of Thrones" actress is presenting "The Riot Club" at TIFF and then will go on to promote "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1." I can honestly say that I am very excited to see what Natalie is going to bring to the red carpet coming up. For the most part Natalie has worn British brands on the red carpet and it will be interesting to see if she keeps it up. I am predicting that for the TIFF premiere of "The Riot Club" Natalie should wear this Roksanda Resort 2015 cocktail dress that consists of a bright yellow and navy sculpted one shoulder blouse and navy tone on tone pencil skirt. Natalie has the presence to ensure that this dress would overwhelm her. Paired with a pair of nude pumps, a sleek hairstyle, and a pink lip Natalie would rock the TIFF premiere of "The Riot Club"
We have not seen much of Amanda Seyfried on the red carpet since the 2013 Awards season where she promoted "Les Miserables" with the rest of her cast, so I was really excited to see her name amongst those that have films premiering at TIFF. When it is not Awards Season or the Met Ball we tend to see Amanda rock shorter lengths and that is probably what she will do when it comes to the TIFF premiere of her film "While We're Young" but I have remained optimistic and decided to pick this light sky blue Nina Ricci Resort 2015 gown with a shirred blouse. This is a simple gown that directly relates to Amanda's laid back sense of style. I could also see this gown being shortened to a cocktail dress if Amanda so deemed it worthy. A gold clutch and gold pumps would be the simple accessories that I would add for this gown. Finishing the look with a fresh face of simple makeup and a simple updo to showcase all the bodice detail would be the way to go to ensure that Amanda ends up on every best dressed list.
Naomi Watts has either made my heart skip a beat or made me want to hide my head in shame when she has taken to the red carpet this year. I am hoping that when she steps out for the TIFF premiere of her film "While We're Young" with Amanda Seyfried that Naomi makes my heart skip a beat. I would have that moment if she were to wear this stunning cream Altuzzara Resort 2015 draped gown. It looks as if the fabric that this gown is made in is very stiff and I think that means that it has to be impeccably tailored for Naomi so that it doesn't end up looking like a giant potato sack on Naomi. If she has this gown tailored and pairs it with a statement gold sandals and a gold clutch, sleek hair, and a red lip then I believe that Naomi would shut down the TIFF red carpet with a stunning ensemble.

No comments:

Post a Comment