Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

2014 Met Ball: Allison Williams, Beyonce, Camilla Belle, Diane Kruger, and Elizabeth Banks Wish List

Allison Williams from the hit HBO series 'Girls' made her first Met Ball appearance in 2012 wearing bland Ralph Lauren gown, and I was not a fan of her punk-inspired Altuzzara gown at last years event. So I am hoping that she will wow me this year, like I know that she can give me an amazing look on the red carpet. I think that this Marchesa Fall 2014 RTW gown with an embroidered cap-sleeve top black waistband and cornflower blue silk skirt would look amazing. Charles James, the inspiration behind this years gala, was known for his grand structured designs and I think that this Marchesa creation would fit right in amongst his stunning silk ballgowns. Finish the look with stunning diamond ear cuffs, black simple sandals, a red lip, and an old Hollywood updo to ensure that Allison looks theme appropriate!
The Queen of the Music World Beyonce has rocked amazing Givenchy Haute Couture ensembles at the past two Met Balls, and while the partnership has been absolutely amazing I am hoping that she will give us something different. This red Versace Fall 2014 RTW gown with gold embroidery would be an amazing statement for Beyonce to make. It's a lot more toned down than she has rocked in the past few years but I think that we will see a lot of that with the 'Charles James' theme of this years event. I would make sure that this gown has a dramatic train that will photograph exceptionally as she ascends that grand stair of the Metropolitan Museum of Art early next month. A pair of gold sandals, sexy waves in her hair, and a red lip will give Queen Bey a stunning yet sexy look for this event.
One person that I usually look forward to seeing take to the red carpet at the Met Ball is Camilla Belle. I have recently realized that I have no idea why she is famous but she shows up to red carpet events and looks absolutely stunning. One brand that Camilla tends to wear a lot of on the red carpet is Carolina Herrera and I think that she should snatch up this amazing red Carolina Herrera Fall 2014 RTW origami structured ball gown. While this gowns skirt might seem a little stiff in this picture, it actually moves very well and would glide elegantly up the red carpet of the Met. A red clutch, a pair of red peep toe pumps, statement diamond and ruby earrings and a chic up-do will finish off this look for Camilla and give her the perfect look for the 2014 Met Ball.
Diane Kruger is one of the women that I always die for on the red carpet. There is almost never a time that I have not fallen in love with one of Diane's red carpet looks. With this gala being focused around the grand sculptural designs of Charles James I am sure that Diane will give us a major red carpet moment. This Giambattista Valli Spring 2014 Couture gown with blue floral embellishments on the bodice and a white skirt with a bold peplum would give me that major red carpet moment that I am praying for. While most would reserve this for a much taller girl, Diane is only 5'7", I think that she would rock the hell out of it. A blue clutch, silver sandals, and a red lip would finish this look off.
Elizabeth Banks usually grabs an Atelier Versace gown for the annual Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Gala, and I don't see that changing this year. I think that this ice blue one shoulder Atelier Versace Spring 2014 Couture gown with sequins, chest cutouts, and a split up to there is exactly what Elizabeth should rock for this years gala. It's a sexy yet elegant silhouette that Elizabeth pulls off quite well. There is just a magic when Elizabeth puts on the legendary sexy brand, and I 9.5 times out of 10 put her on a best dressed list in their designs. A silver Edie Parker clutch, a pair of metallic silver Casadei pointed toe pumps, statement diamond earrings, a bold diamond cuff, and her hair worn elegantly in Veronica Lake waves over one shoulder would finish off Elizabeth giving her a sexy look to take to the red carpet in on May 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment